How to make Sea Moss Gel Instructions
Ways of Making your own Sea moss gel
- Wash carefully before using.
- Make sure all debris is washed out completely.
- Soak overnight in room temperature (optional use: spring water) with lime juice or limes.
- Drain the water and rinse one more time.
- Place into a blender with water & blend into a gel.
- The consistency of the gel will depend on how much water is added.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container (for up to 3weeks).
It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
Instructions: WARM/HOT WATER QUICK-SOAK METHOD
I (DO NOT) RECOMMEND*
- Clean sea moss by thoroughly rinsing.
- Repeat until sand/debris is removed.
- Soak in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse again. place in a pot (do not use aluminum) and cover with 1-2 inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes. add to blender with water using a ratio of 1 part sea moss mixture to 1/2 parts water or enough water to reach your desired consistency.
- Blend until smooth.
The gel will thicken upon standing.
*Over boiling can diminish the important minerals you are trying to put inside your body